Your Preferred Provider For Invisalign Wilsonville, Sherwood, Tillamook and SE Portland
Invisalign utilizes an advanced approach to straightening teeth through the use of a custom-designed series of aligners created specifically for each individual patient. Made from smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic, aligner trays are worn over the front of your teeth. Just as with the wires used in traditional braces, wearing the aligners will gradually shift your teeth into the desired position planned by Dr. Seth during your initial orthodontic consultation. With no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten, you simply pop in a new set of aligners once roughly every two weeks until you have completed your treatment plan. Invisalign offers patients a great-looking smile without the daily interference caused by traditional braces. The best part about Invisalign is that most people will never know you’re receiving orthodontic treatment.That’s why many patients simply refer to Invisalign as “clear braces.”
Your Initial Consultation
To begin your Invisalign treatment, schedule a consultation with Dr. Seth, a Preferred Invisalign Wilsonville and Sherwood, Oregon Provider. During your initial consultation, Dr. Seth will discuss you or your child’s orthodontic needs to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign treatment. Invisalign treatments now have the ability to address a wide range of orthodontic issues, from simple teeth straightening to bite correction. However, Invisalign may not be suitable for patients with severe orthodontic needs.
As part of your individualized Invisalign plan, Dr. Seth will make an impression of your teeth, which is then used to create a digital 3-D image. Using this image, Dr. Seth will create a precise orthodontic plan that will plot out your teeth’s movements during treatment, and tell you approximately how long your treatment will last. Dr. Seth can even show you a virtual demonstration of how your teeth will shift during each stage of the treatment.
Custom-made Aligners Are Created Specifically For You!
Based on your individual treatment requirements, a series of custom-made, clear aligners are then created specifically for you. These aligners are created using a smooth, comfortable, BPA-free plastic that won’t cause irritation to your gums, cheek and tongue like is typical of traditional metal braces. Just wear your custom aligners during the day, removing them only when you eat and brush and floss your teeth. As you switch between each new set of aligners, your teeth with gradually and gently begin shifting into place.
Wear A New Aligner Every Two Weeks
Roughly every two weeks, you’ll receive a new custom aligner to wear as you progress through the treatment process. To monitor your progress, you’ll need to schedule regular checkups with Dr. Senestraro, roughly one appointment every six weeks or as needed. To ensure the best results possible in the shortest amount of time, you need to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, for the entire length of the treatment process. During every stage of your treatment, you’ll be able to see firsthand just how much closer you’re getting to finally achieving the smile you’ve always wanted!
Get Ready To Celebrate
Get ready to celebrate at the end of your Invisalign treatment process. Once you see the remarkable improvement to your smile Invisalign can make, you’ll be ready to smile more than ever.
Once you complete treatment, don’t forget to protect that beautiful new smile. Dr. Senestraro will provide a recommendation on whether you’ll need to wear a retainer following treatment to help keep your new and improved smile. Shortly after completing treatment, your teeth may start to slowly shift back into their original position. Wearing a retainer for a short period following treatment will prevent your teeth from shifting as they slowly begin to permanently adjust to their new position.
Why Invisalign Over Braces
Choosing orthodontic treatment from your Invisalign Wilsonville provider Dr. Seth Senestraro has a number of significant advantages over traditional orthodontic treatments, more commonly referred to as metal braces. While both Invisalign and metal braces can help to treat a variety of bite problems while also providing a straighter, more attractive smile, Invisalign treatment offers patients a level of comfort and ease missing when using brackets and wires to straighten your teeth.
The advantages Invisalign has over metal braces include:
- You can eat whatever you want. No wires or brackets mean no limitations to what you can eat. Simply remove your aligners prior to eating, and remember to thoroughly brush and floss before putting them back into your mouth.
- You can remove aligners. Unlike traditional metal braces that remain fixed to the front of your teeth, Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time. This makes it a lot easier for you to eat and brush; just don’t remove them during the rest of the day. Successful treatment means wearing your aligners between 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Invisalign retainers are nearly invisible. Unlike metal braces that stand sharply out against your white teeth, Invisalign retainers are constructed of a highly durable and completely transparent plastic. This allows you to achieve the straighter smile you’ve always wanted without most people ever noticing.
- Easier to brush and floss. Maintaining your oral health is important during orthodontic treatment. Adequately brushing and flossing can be challenging while wearing metal braces that require navigating around wires and brackets. With Invisalign, you can simply remove your aligners to brush and floss like usual.
- No sharp wires or uncomfortable brackets. Metal braces can easily poke, pull, and jab at the delicate interior of your mouth. Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, comfortable plastic that won’t irritate gum tissue or your cheeks.
Call to schedule your consultation with Invisalign Wilsonville and Sherwood Preferred Provider Dr. Seth Senestraro today!