Despite the outdated notions you might have about what getting braces in Milwaukie, OR is like, orthodontic treatment is no longer just for kids anymore. If you didn’t wear braces as a teen, you might want to consider what braces can do for that state of not only your smile, but your overall health as well.
As an experienced Milwaukie orthodontist, Dr. Senestraro and the rest of our team at Senestraro Family Orthodontics have been helping patients of all ages get the smile they’ve always wanted. If you’re ready to stop worrying about the appearance and health of your smile, you’ll have plenty of options when getting braces in Milwaukie, OR that will enable you to get the best smile possible.
How Braces Can Help
Whether you’re hoping to straighten your smile or just close a few unwanted gaps, Dr. Senestraro can develop a custom orthodontic treatment plan perfect for your individual needs.
Braces can help improve health and appearance of your smile by:
- Correcting shifting teeth. Even if you received orthodontic treatment as a kid, you may need to receive treatment again as an adult. Teeth can continue to shift and move throughout our lifetimes. It’s especially common for patients who fail to wear their retainer as directed to suffer from teeth that shift or move back out of position.
- Straightening crooked teeth. Braces work to realign teeth that bend in different direction. By applying gentle but continuous pressure, orthodontic treatments like traditional metal braces or Invisalign can dramatically improve the state of any smile.
- Improving oral health. Teeth that are crooked, crowded, or misaligned can be difficult to properly clean when brushing and flossing. This can increase the risk of developing dental decay and disease that can permanently impact the health of your smile.
- Treating other oral health problems. Orthodontic treatment can help patients better manage other serious oral health problems, such as bite problems that can cause jaw pain. Occasionally, some patients will even need to get braces to change the position of their teeth before receiving an implant, crown, or bridge.
Getting Braces in Milwaukie, OR is Easier Than Ever
Braces today have changed dramatically from the “metal mouth” days you might remember as a kid. Today, orthodontic treatment can accommodate the style or budget of most any patient, and many types of braces are actually difficult for others to even notice.
Some of the most common types of braces include:
- Ceramic braces. Made from a tooth-colored material, ceramic braces are designed to blend more naturally into a patient’s smile.
- Lingual brackets. Unlike traditional braces that are placed on the front of a patient’s teeth, lingual brackets are actually attached to the inside surface of your teeth that face the tongue. While these types of braces do require some getting used to, they do allow patients to undergo treatment completely unnoticed.
- Invisalign. Invisalign uses clear, custom-made plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Unlike the other types of braces we’ve mentioned, Invisalign is the only treatment option that patients can remove during treatment. This allows you to eat and brush just you normally would.
While the amount of treatment time you’ll need to wear braces varies, patients today now have more options than ever when getting braces in Milwaukie, OR.
If you’ve long considered getting the smile you’ve always wanted, schedule your free orthodontic consultation with Dr. Senestraro today.